Friday, January 30, 2009

6 Month Checkup


Lia had her 6 month check up on Thursday with Dr. Smart. She went in with what we thought was a little cold and eye infection that turned out to all be related to an ear infection instead. Needless to say, we left with a prescription for antibiotics and without our regular 6 month immunizations. She's pretty much right on track with her developmental stuff...something I thought she might lag behind in given all she's been through. She is almost sitting up, babbling nonstop, and actually rolled over for the first time right there in front of Dr. Smart and Corey. I, of course, missed it all since I was busy at work. She weighed in at 13lbs 10 oz...still on the charts at about the 10th percentile. She's still on the small side, but gaining weight slowly but surely and that was all within the month of having some sort of stomach virus. I think that's pretty good.

My friend Stacey ran into our cardiologist at CMC last week. She took the initiative to reintroduce herself to him and the two of them proceeded to discuss Lia (or should I say her over-obsessive mommy) at length for the duration of the elevator ride. They discussed how I was still worried with the amount of cc's per kilo she is taking on a daily basis. I guess if one my best friends and my daughter's cardiologist think it's worth talking about, then maybe I should lighten up a bit. I'm trying...really, I am.

We go back to CMC to visit Dr. Lemler next Friday for another echocardiogram. We don't expect them to find anything abnormal, but I'm ready for it to be over with anyway. Say a little prayer for us before then if you don't mind...

No comments: