Saturday, July 4, 2009

Looking Back...


It's hard to believe Lia's almost a year old...It's July the 4th and this time last year was a hard day. I remember Corey was working, and the rest of us went out to Mimi's and Grandaddy's house to spend the 4th. I had already stopped working. The stress was weighing down on me so heavily, and I was at a breaking point. I remember going out to mom's and literally having a breakdown. Mom and I had gone to the store by ourselves. As we pulled into the driveway, I looked at mom and started crying. She asked me what was wrong and I said, "I'm just so scared." We both cried and she immediately backed up and we drove around until we could pull it together.

A whole year later, things are so much better than I had allowed myself to dream they would be. Lia's a vibrant, active, happy little girl. The boys have adjusted to her wonderfully without resentment or jealousy. We live every day feeling so blessed. I still allow myself to have days of feeling sorry for myself and feeling sad, but those days are few and far between. I feel so fortunate to have this little girl to love and watch grow. All three of our kids bring us joy in such different ways. We are unbelievably blessed.

1 comment:

Erica said...

such a cutie!!what an amazing journey and testimony! miss you!