Friday, April 19, 2013

Lia had a great night...once she stopped being pukey from anesthesia, she started drinking and ate a good dinner. The recovery room nurse told us that most kiddos puke after a heart cath, especially those who have an EP study. Weird, huh? She was right...Lia had a rough go for a few hours.  I don't like seeing her that way.  It makes me start to panic that she won't ever be the same spunky, grinning, opinionated kid when she looks like that. But in true Lia Kate Stone rockstar style, she perked up within several hours and is becoming more like herself all the time.

The chair/bed thing in this room is far from comfy, so I started off the night cuddled up to her in the hospital bed. Halfway through the night, though, Lia whispered, "Mommy? I wanna sleep in this bed by myself now."  So kicked out I was. Good for Lia, not good for me... Needless to say, I'm ready to go home and get in my own bed.

Our nurse came in early this morning to take off her pressure dressings from where the catheters were in her groin (both sides).  Let me tell ya, that tape is no joke. It's just another example of how this kid is not like most other kids. She laid there while the nurse slowly worked off the most stuck on tape you have ever seen. It hurt. A lot. And she just took it like a man. Actually better than that... I'm so proud of her. She's such a good little patient. I know she knows no different, but she's special. But again, I guess I'm partial.

The cardiology fellow came in this morning early and checked on us. Dr Nugent (my new fave) just popped in and said we were good to go.  As soon as they can get the paperwork together we will be outa here! I'm so happy...:-) So is this little girl who misses her daddy, brothers and her puppy...

Thank you Lord once again for protecting our baby girl. We are so grateful.

No comments: