Thursday, May 30, 2013

Just Hangin Out...Working on Waking up.

So Lia's doing really well, according to all the experts around here. Her nurses are saying it, and so are the doctors. She is having a few labs and things they are working on tweaking to get them in the right range. Her blood sugar's up some, which they say is normal after being on bypass. They are going to put her on some insulin to get that down. Her BP's a little on the high side, so that causes her deoxygenated blood to shunt across the fenestration (pop-off valve).  That in turn brings her o2 sats down some too. There's a lot going on here. Lots to think about....so much more than the obvious "heart stuff".  I'm learning more than I want to...

All that being said, she's done great. She's not in pain, she wakes up every now and then and asks for water or sprite. She's been breathing on her own for hours now. She's in pretty good spirits, all things considered. 

I'll admit...I've had a few moments today. I had moments where I felt like I couldn't breathe.  I've had moments when I wanted to throw up. And I haven't been hungry. All. Day. Those of you who know me best know that means something. I think we may have a long night...but we will be better tomorrow. Not only Lia, but myself and Corey too. I need some time to take a breath and realize that we are so blessed. So incredibly blessed. We will continue to press on...one small hurdle at a time. 


This is what Lia's up to this evening. She's resting peacefully. I'm so grateful.  

Please, please, please continue to pray for both Lia and Sara Laminack. This is the week of miracles. Pray for one more tomorrow for Sara. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the Laminack's to  be able to see that "light at the end of the tunnel". It's time...and that family deserves it. 

3 comments:

Cindy & Larry Richmond said...

Thankful!! Hope you can rest some tonight. Prayers will continue for Lia's full recovery and that all the tweaking is successful.

Unknown said...

Praying for peace that passes understanding so you and Corey get some moments of rest tonight . We love you all

Moore Memories said...

Adore this sleeping beauty!!! Thankful for another great update. Love y'all!