Friday, December 5, 2008

More miracles...


What a great day!!! Lia is so amazing. She's done so well, impressing everyone she comes in contact with. I'm watching her sleep soundly and comfortably in her bed here at Children's as we speak. We were moved out of the CVICU this afternoon and onto the stepdown cardiac floor where we've been before. She is flashing her beautiful smile to anyone who will give her any attention up here. That's plenty of smiles...she gets attention from lots of people. She already looks so much stronger than she did before. It's amazing, because she looked so good to me before this surgery. I mean, she's just done so well from the beginning. We realize as we look around this hospital how blessed we've been.


A hospital that only takes care of children is a hard place to be as a parent. Especially when your own child is staying there. Everywhere you look, you are reminded of what some other parent is having to endure, of what you could possibly have to endure yourself. I know that people who know what Corey and I and our family are going through think to themselves..."How are they getting through this? How can they possibly get through their day?" I know that because I've been there. I've thought the same of families after hearing stories or listening to the prayer requests at church. I work in the neonatal intensive care unit so of course I've seen parents suffer beyond what I ever thought I'd have to. I've learned a few things in the past ten months. I've learned what it's like to have no control over a situation. I've learned what real terror is. I've learned what it feels like to truly fear for the life of your child. I've also learned what it's like to lean on a support system you never even knew existed. We've always known we have a great family, lots of incredible friends, and jobs filled with wonderful people. Even though we have always been somewhat aware of that, we could never have been prepared for what you all have done for us.


Most importantly, we've learned how to completely lean on our God. When faced with something of this magnitude, you realize quickly that you have no choice. You have no choice but to get on your knees and beg for a miracle. That's exactly what he's done for us... for all of us. He's given us what we've asked for. We are so blessed.

4 comments:

These are the days... said...

She looks amazing, Lisa! Such a beautiful miracle!

We were also humbled through our adoption. The love and prayers of friends and family.

I believe you can't completely experience God's power until you've gone through something life changing. I always remember the verse "Footprints in the Sand". Isn't it amazing to know God is in control and carrying your family through this?

We love you!
The Davis Family

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled that Lia is doing so well! She looks as beautiful as ever. Your blog today was amazing, you guys and Lia are a blessing to us and to all of your friends.
We can't wait until she is home and you can show that baby off everywhere you go.
Love y'all!
Susan, Jim, Natalie & Trey

Erica said...

what an incredible post(the tears are pouring). It is amazing what God can do. Lia is a special girl. She will do incredible things in her life.

vdshellito said...

Lisa I am so glad that Lia is doing so well. You truely are blessed. I love the power of prayer. Please keep us posted. Many hugs!