Friday, December 5, 2008

Whew...Two down, one to go!






Hey everyone!!! Well, Lia did great yesterday! We let her go with the OR staff through those scary doors around 9:15 or so. They called us with the first update that they were starting surgery around 10:15. Throughout the surgery they updated us periodically when they were doing different things. That is so helpful. Anyway, she was finished about 2:00 and we spoke to Dr. Forbess. He is so amazing! He was very pleased with how things went. They brought Lia through the hall outside the ICU so we could see her before they got her settled in. She looked so wonderful and pink! They were able to get her off the breathing machine soon after that. Our favorite nurses in the CVICU took care of her after surgery. It was so nice to see all our friends up there. I think the nurses might be fighting over the chance to take care of "Princess Lia". Corey and I were able to leave for the night while my mom stayed with her. We were able to see the boys and get some rest. I braced myself for a phone call at some point during the night. After this particular surgery, they say the babies suffer from a huge "headache" because of the change in the circulation from the big vein that drains the blood from the head and neck. It made me sick to think she might be hurting like that and that we wouldn't be able to hold her because of all her lines. So I was ready to hear about how hard her night was...






This morning I called mom and she said Lia had a fantastic night! She said she woke up and ate well (what? she's never been much of an eater...) and that she wasn't fussy at all. They had given her some pain medicine every three hours or so and I'm sure that helped. Then I checked my email and Josclyn (our nurse) had sent me an email to tell me how great her night had been. She knew she'd be gone by the time we got there this morning and wanted to be able to tell me first hand how well it went. Thank You, God!!! I pray she continues to do this well with no setbacks and that we are able to bring her home soon. We are ready to move on with our lives and enjoy taking her places.






As always, thank you for your prayers and calls...We appreciate everyone and their invested interest in our sweet, sweet baby girl. We feel so blessed and can feel our God's presence at every moment. He is so good and has been so good to us. I'll keep the blog updated as I can....Love, Lisa






Oh yeah..pictures. I posted a picture of Lia in her Christmas tutu from the night before surgery and one of Lia right after surgery. More pics later...

2 comments:

Moore Memories said...

oh, sweet, sweet girl. She is a doll and I am so thankful that yet again she is doing so well. What an angel!

Erica said...

I love, love, LOVE the Christmas tu tu. I can tell you are loving dressing up that sweet girl!! Oh, I hope I get to do that soon.